While minimally invasive aesthetic procedures have caught on throughout the world, many people are still opting to go under the knife for plastic/beauty surgery. For some that may be the best option, but it is clearly not the best option for everyone. If you are considering a visit to a plastic surgeon, or have already made that first consultation, it is worth going in to see an aesthetic doctor before you follow up with the surgeon.
Aesthetic Procedures vs. Plastic Surgery
There are a few main differences between aesthetic treatments and plastic surgery treatments:
• Aesthetic treatments are offered by aesthetic doctors or cosmetic surgeons. Beauty surgery is performed by certified surgeons.
• Aesthetic treatments are non-invasive or minimally-invasive. Beauty surgery is invasive. This means the surgery cuts into the skin, while aesthetic treatments are more on the surface of the skin.
• You can walk out of the doctor’s office after having aesthetic work performed, without any recovery time needed. You will go through weeks if not months of recovery after having surgery.
• You typically do not need anesthetics to get through aesthetic treatments, or minor local anesthetics can be used. You typically have to be put completely out to undergo plastic surgery because it is extremely painful.
• Aesthetic treatments can be very long lasting, but are not usually permanent. Beauty surgery is permanent.
• You may need repeat procedures to get the full benefits of aesthetic treatments. Beauty surgery is often done in one procedure.
• The results of aesthetic procedures typically develop over time. Plastic surgery is automatic, once recovery has been suffered.
For many people, aesthetic procedures open the door to plastic surgery. Since the results may not be permanent and the procedures are not nearly as painful, these minimally invasive procedures do not produce the anxiety that many have when it comes to plastic surgery. Since they do not include knives cutting into the skin, many people are more comfortable with them.
The Graduation Plan
The great thing about aesthetic procedures offered by an aesthetic doctor is that they can produce results very similar to those achieved by plastic surgeries. They can actually firm and lift the skin, reduce lines and wrinkles, and replace collagen in the skin, without giving that overly stretched look that comes from a facelift and other surgeries.
Since the results are so similar, many people start out by seeing an aesthetic doctor. If they are unhappy with the results produced there, they can always go to see their plastic surgeon and get something more permanent. This cannot go the other way around, since surgery is permanent. It doesn’t hurt to see what an aesthetic doctor can do, since it might spare some money, pain and potential botched procedures.
This may be considered the graduation plan, since you can always graduate up to more invasive beauty surgery if you feel it is necessary. The good news is many people never make that graduation, because they are happy with what their aesthetic doctor can do for them. In many cases, the results are very similar.
If you are concerned about the time and pain of recovery involved with beauty surgery, definitely consult with an aesthetic doctor.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6662789